Should I dress my kids warmly no matter what people say?

Mommee42boyz

Asked by Mommee42boyz at 5:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you think itis cold enough for your kids to wear winter cloths. Then do it.

Answer by louise2 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Why dont' you ask your kids if they are cold?? I send a jacket off to school with my kids and they don't wear it most of the time.... they simply run hotter then we do. Generally they say dress your kids in what you would wear... then will tell you if they are hot!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 5:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• That depends on the weather. However, if it's not too cold out, why would you add layers and make them intentionally hot?
    I say, do what you think is comfortable for them. They're the ones that are going to be too warm or too cold.
    Danaefm

Answer by Danaefm at 5:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• The rule of thumb I had always heard is if you are warm then they probably are too and if you are cold they probably are too.If they are old enough to tell you go with that You are their mom do what you think is best but if you are wearing a sweatshirt and they are in a T-Shirt then that's not good IMO
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• It depends on the weather and how your kids are. My sons "run" hot, meaning, they tend to be warm naturally. So unless its really cold out, I don't bundle them up. I get some comments at times, but I know my kids. They get cranky if they get too hot.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Here in NY it's still warm out. My kids haven't worn long pants yet this year.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• How old are they? Where do you live? I htink allot depends on that. I know dressing your child TOO warm isn't a good thng either..
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• You should dress your children how you would dress yourself for the day
    Sheleekieije

Answer by Sheleekieije at 10:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• depends on teh weather i always like to bring an extra outfit or if its cool out just a light jacket nothing heavy ..
    chulafromhtown

Answer by chulafromhtown at 3:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2010