My dd is not interested in potty training at all. She cries and gets mad when we sit her on the potty and says she doesn't like to pee pee in the potty. She is almost 3. I just don't know what to do?

trendy2

Asked by trendy2 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe she is like my son. They need to do when they are ready. He potty trained at 3 years and potty trained within a week of starting. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My son is almost 3, and he does the same thing. I am not going to force him to use the potty. When he is ready, I will be there to help him.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Relax she can feel your urgency. It will happen just give it time. It will happen on her time schedule not yours.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• same thing happened to 2 friends of mine. they stopped pushing but encouraged her from time to time, at about 3 1/2 for both they decided to do it on their own (onw had help because her dolly got big girl undies so she wanted them too)! good luck!
    8sweetpea

Answer by 8sweetpea at 5:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My youngest was very reluctant to potty train. One day, literally a week before his 3rd bday, I noticed that he was dry for 3 hours while playing with a bunch of kids who were over. I put him on the toilet and he went. Then he was dry through nap. I put him on the potty. It literally took a week for him to completely "get it." and longer to convince him that undies were the way to go (and giving up that night time diaper was a b*tch not because he needed it but because he wanted the security.

He was completely day trained in a week. Just wait a little longer. I know the diaper thing gets old (I did the 2 under 2 thing before the 3rd) but the less anxious you are about it, the less reluctant she will be.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Funny thing is, she will stay dry over night and has been doing this for several weeks and she will stay dry for several hours. Not sure why she is so resistant to doing it on the potty.
    trendy2

Comment by trendy2 (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Have you thought about buying a kids seat to fit your commode seat? It with my kids. It made them feel like big kids.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:08 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• is she still in diapers? Switch to underwear so she can feel accidents. Does she tell you when she has to go but once on the potty resists? Do you let her watch you go to the bathroom? If she sees you or whoever go, and you narrate what you do, she might ease into it more. Do you have any fun potty dvd's or books? Once my son was introduced to the basics he was more eager to learn when he watched older kids on the videos talk about it. Is she afraid of the potty? Does she have her own potty or does she sit on the toilet with a ring?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2010