My son bites everything and everything goes in his mouth. He gnaws all his toys. He bites pieces off of his toys. He left bite marks in my nook cover. I just don't get it! It drives me batty. He has actually chipped his beautiful baby teeth. Does anyone else have this issue in their almost 4 yr old??

trendy2

Asked by trendy2 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son has oral fixation and has since birth. He has always bit his nails and picked his nose and ate it. We let him chew gum and it really helps. He still bites his nails, but he doesn't bite the eraser off every pencil in the house anymore.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 5:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• i don't think i ever had that issue..have you told him "no" ..tried smacking his hand away from his mouth when he goes to put stuff in it. Do it once and then start giving him warnings that next time you see him put something in his mouth you will spank his hand...he could get choked.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I wouldn't smack him, then again I don't believe in spanking at all. Just tell him no and that it is dangerous. If he wants something to chew on give him a piece of gum if you think that he won't swallow it.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Spray vinegar on them and talk to his doctor about PICA and Aspergers.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 4:49 AM on Oct. 3, 2010