how can i tell if a man is hitting on me or just talking to me?

what's the difference between daily heloos and compliments form strangers or hitting on? is ANY attention i get actuall hitting on or flirting? what are your guidelines or how can you tell the dude made verbal contact cause he wants ya? i honestly have no idea!

silverelf

Asked by silverelf at 5:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I have often wondered the same thing. I'm not able to tell the difference. Before my husband and I were dating and we were just best friends, I needed him to TELL me when guys on our ship were actually flirting with me. I'll be honest when I say that I'm still lost sometimes. My husband is the only guy I can't flirt with; it's always been that way, even before we hooked up.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 5:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I can always tell. You can tell by how they look at you, how long they stare, if they are smiling lots, or compliment you a lot. You can tell by how often they talk to you & the things they say. Someone who is not interested will make much less of an effort. I bet you can tell too, but sometimes they can be misleading. Just trust your gut, we're usually right about those things.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Well if he asks you out, then you know he want to be with you or get to know you better.

Answer by louise2 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• If he's into you he'll make it known, he may need to do it in his own time, but you'll know.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 8:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2010