does being blue while separated mean we're meant to be or that this just sucks?

it' sbeen three months. it may be many more. he' sgetting lots of all sorts of physical, mental, emotional help even spiritual. people tell me to be so proud of me yet i am just in limbo or inertia or a vacuum... just making ends touch not exactly meet. working. not playing. he really had severe problems but says he's makign comeback and wants his family. what would you do. or what have you done. thanks.

silverelf

Asked by silverelf at 5:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Greetings
    You are going to go through a blue period until you find peace within yourself. You must put yourself first and think of what makes you happy such as hobbies you put aside while in your relationship, join groups that interest you, even spirituality. I have been there and was blue for a while until I decided that I had to reach out for my happiness and not wait for the blue period to end. Until you are content within yourself you will continue to be blue and trust me dear no matter what you will always run across something in life that will bring a blue period but it is up to you to change a negative into the positive. Be strong my sister. Have faith and believe in yourself. You must do what is in your heart. Only you can decided what is best for you and what will make you shine. Love and blessings
    Cheveyo
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• why don't you get some help for yourself? use this time alone in a productive manner to find your answers. they are not in limbo.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Love lingers on sometimes. I still love my first husband and it has been over 15 years ago. Doesn't mean I'd want to be with him anymore.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Why did u 2 seperate if u dont mind me asking? I am currently seperated and have been for 6 months now & have 2 kids with my ex husband & it is still hard, he is already with someone new and well I was and still always thought about him while i was talking to my new bf, well him and i broke up last night and I really can not quit thinking about my ex husband or ex bf and its driving me crazy. I think im still in love with my ex husband and I just wish there was a switch somewhere so i could just shut it off .
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• he was the kind of alcoholic that became abusive, more than just a mean drunk. lots of hate in him and he now go tdiagnosed with major depressive disorder and panic disorder. also he was severely abused as a child for years by stepfather, his mother never left for 20 yrs
    silverelf

Comment by silverelf (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Wow totally different reason than mine, that is a hard one but I would have 2 agree and say just take some time for yourself, make sure there is nothing wrong with u. I am done with men for a while I am going to enjoy being single & if I happen 2 meet someone then I do but I am not looking for anyone.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• The "Blue Period" only means you remember the good times, the fun you had, and realizing that it finally is over. That doesn't mean you're meant to be at all.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• aww hon, I still my ex we separated almost a year ago and I still have thoughts of getting back together. You just have to remember that the reasons you loved him are still there...and so are the ones that caused you to break up
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 6:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I like that, Love lingers sometimes........ It's so true.
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Ive always said that my ex husband was my first love and even after 20 some years, and being divorced 11 already,I will always love him! and loved the good times, and when I wonder that what if question I have to remind me of the Not so nice times, this seems to strighten me right up!....I have a wonderful man in my life, it took time to find the one man that treats me so well! we have never got in a fight or argued or anything for 3 years, the whole time we have been together...you can miss someone, and times get lonely but know tha just because he is getting himself fixed, it doesnt mean that you have to have pitty or guilt or anything like that..take care of yourself and know that you deserve so much better!, you cant be accounted for the things he did wrong..but you are accounted for the things you let happen to you, as we all have a choice, its what you allow someone to do to you..move on hold strong..!
    kids_r_gr8

Answer by kids_r_gr8 at 2:26 AM on Oct. 3, 2010