can i post a link to my son's fundraiser for school?

i had posted the link and the information to my son's fundraiser and another mom posted that they thought by posting it i was violating the cafemom TOS? and she posted the rule, however i read it to be if i was asking for money or gifts to be giving to me, but in posting the link i get nothing in return. the money for the stuff that they buy goes to my son's school i never seen any of it. so am i miss understanding the rule or am i ok to post the link.

dragonsgirl

Asked by dragonsgirl at 5:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in About CafeMom

• That stuff belongs in the marketplace, not general areas.
    Anonymous

• By posting that link you are actually promoting a business so it applies to school fundraisers. You are asking CM members to give money to someone. It can apply to any link outside of cafemom and has been applied even to political sites since they are requesting votes.

You can post journals and flag them for the market place or you can add it to a few different kinds of widgets on your profile. You can also post it to your thought bubble. Outside of those areas it is usually not allowed.
    You didn't say where you posted this. In answers for sure it is not allowed and in groups it depends on the group's individual guidelines. CM owned public groups don't allow it at all and very few private will either. You just have to read and post accordingly.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 11:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2010