How long till the fleas are gone?

Our cat misteriously disappeared 3 days ago. I'm a little sad, but honestly we couldn't really afford her and were thinking of finding her a new home. Anyway her fleas are still hanging out here. I don't want to use those carpet powders or a bomb, we have a crawling baby in the house and we vacuum daily, but the fleas are still sticking around. Any idea how long they'll remain?

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Pets

• I think you have to flea bomb to get rid of them. I remember when my cat had fleas. We got him treated, and then we had to call an exterminator to treat the house.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• They will stay until they are killed. This is usually a 2 step process. Take care of this. It is worse to have a fleabitten baby.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• They won't go away unless you use excessive force. (No, seriously. Haha) We had to bomb twice, use preventative and active medication on our cat, and vacuum daily. It's tough and a pain, but it's worth it to finally be rid of them. GL!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• They won't go away. They will just bite you instead to get they blood the need. Its gross and they can spread disease. I would take minor pestacide exposure to my child anyday over flea bite.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 6:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Use the powders and such.. it's better to kill off the fleas now, then have a baby all bitten up by fleas. Because now that they don't have the cat to bite, they will go after you. Vacuum rugs, carpets, chairs, couches, drapes... any fabric really. twice a day every day. Then empty the vacuum bags (or dump it if it's the bag less kind) and throw the trash away. Fleas can live in the vacuum bags and such. (I've actually put a flea collar in my bag less vacuum. )
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 6:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• It takes a while and if you dont get rid of all of them they will continue to come back.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 12:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2010