are there any rooms in your home that your dh won't let you put a fem touch to?

my dh for some reason will not let go of the palm trees in our bathroom.. i'm sure if i just went out and bought something he would let it go but when we are out together looking..he doesnt like anything i like and says he likes the bathroom just how it is...lol. He hasnt complained about anything else i've changed around though..so i figure i will let him keep his palm tree bathroom, for now anyways.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I gave up on the rest of my house and centered my attention on my bathroom. I threw my DH in with the boys, so they can have a boys only bathroom. My bathroom is now white and pink and very feminine, they all refuse to go near it, YES, just as I planned. It's the one room in the house where I can escape the testosterone
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 5:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My DH is the interior decorator in our home...lol. He has a superb eye & decorates our house much better than i ever could. I always tell DH that he should have went to school for either interior decorating, or fashion design because he has a wonderful eye for both. I know...so manly of him..LOL! He is actually very masculine despite his good fashion/design taste. He just has an eye for beauty & from what i understand, that is typical of Libra men.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• nope, he honestly doesn't care. As long as its clean and not super girly, he's good.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• my DH has his shop next door, and that's where he takes all his '(man (stupid) stuff'...LOL Seriously, he's got these 4ft speakers in the office because he can't part with them--they must be 25yrs old! He loves the our home, and I have a pink/white flowery bathroom, too! Doesn't keep anyone out, though. He has actually picked out our bedroom and living room furniture, and I love it! But, I do all the rest of the decorating.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 6:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• The man has got to have a place that he feels comfortable with. I would not go and try to change it without consulting him, for that would be disrespectful to him. If you have the rest of the house done your way, it would not hurt to let him have his way in this one thing.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 6:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• yeah..you are right mary..after all, he does spend most of his time in the bath room..lol
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I have a very basic taste. Simple and comfortable. As does my husband, so we don't really have much to battle on as far as style. The only room that is completely his say is the garage. That is his "Man Den" and he can have that any way that he wants. My room is our laundry room, which is also my craft room. However, we still ask for one another's imput and discuss things. We haven't come to anything where we're like "NOOO! DON'T TOUCH!" .. Yet.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I get to decorate the house how I want...BUT I want my DH's thoughts and input and he doesn't really ever say anything. I don't really like the pinks and flowers so i don't know what he would say. I like earth tones or very right colors just depends on the day...our bathroom is almost neon orange but EVERYONE loves it!. We have yet to disagree on our home improvements =o)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 6:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• NOPE!! I have complete run of our house! He has a "man cave" and our children have a "boy cave" in the basement. They are all very happy down there, and I get to keep the rest of my house spotless and clutter free--the way I like it!! :o)

However, my husband likes my decorating style...traditional with colonial style accents....nice but not overly feminine.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• He has a study which I am not allowed to do anything in except vacuum. Any of his books and papers left anywhere else in the house are also ' untouchable ' and it is no good my complaining as he says a room without books is like a day without sunshine.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2010