How do you feel about people having "LOTS" of kids?

By "lots" I mean 3+. Not because I necessarily believe that 3+ kids is a "lot" of children but because society seems to think that having more than 3 kids is the ultameant sin.

What do you think? How many kids is too many? Do you think it's ok for YOU to make that decision for other people? Or to make that judgement of others?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• I believe people should have as many children (or as few) as they wish. This isn't China.
    Anonymous

• SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:46 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• People should be able to have as many children as they want. That being said, people should only have enough children that they can provide for.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 9:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I have 4. I think that people should have as many as they want. But it is hard at times to give them all the parent interaction that they need. At times I worry that mine don't with the crazy life we all live. But I would not trade it for nothing. I am the oldest of 5. I never felt that way, so i am sure I am just worrying
    Anonymous

• I think as long as you can care for each child then it's should be no one decision other than you and your husband or significant other. I'm one of 13 children, I can't personally say I would have that many but only because I don't think I could afford that many, or go through that many pregnancies. But I loved growing up in a big family.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• As long as you can take care of them who cares. I know things happen in life and you might end up needing help along the way. But don't rely on others to care for your children. They are your job. I have 4. That is enough for me.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I also have 4 kids... No I didnt plan on having 4 as I was growing up and starting a family. But honestly? I dont think I could imagine my life without all 4 of them. Free time is rare yes... stress is common yes.. But to actually tell someone they are not allowed to have more then X amount of kids is ridiculous. I think as long as you have a loving home and can provide the things they need uincluding time then enjoy your family. However big that may be.. But please keep in mind that your body can only handle so much.
    Kerra76

Answer by Kerra76 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I live in Arkansas, and there's this family in Arkansas that has 18 kids, and they don't plan on stopping any time soon. I think people should have as many as they can provide for, and only as many as they can give their attention to. For me, personally, 18 is too many, but I'm not going to judge. I love kids, but I don't think I could handle 18. More power to them, but I'll stick with 1 for now.
    Gretchen0122

Answer by Gretchen0122 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• i wish to the good Lord up above that i had the patience that some people have with 3+ children. i have watched the shows on TLC with people that have 8, 13, or even 18 children! they are such an inspiration to me. their families seem so close and are genuinely kind and helpful towards eachother. i would have loved to have a bunch of children, but the population of the world and all of the war and anger towards other human beings is quite sickening. if i had more children i would want to move to a more secluded area where we could just focus on being a family, and not worry about our chilren being subjected to drugs and rebelious behavior.

so i truly believe that if you are able to have a large family and support them emotionally and finacially then i support you 100%!!!!
    madismummy

Answer by madismummy at 10:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I think as long as you are able to financially and emotionally support your kids, there should be NO limit as to how many you can have.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:57 PM on Oct. 23, 2008