Anyone attend DC rally to show support for struggling Democrats?

"We are together. This march is about the power to the people," said Ed Schultz, host of "The Ed Show" on MSNBC. "It is about the people standing up to the corporations. Are you ready to fight back?"

In a fiery speech that opened the "One Nation Working Together" rally on the National Mall, Schultz blamed Republicans for shipping jobs overseas and curtailing freedoms. He borrowed some of conservative commentator Glenn Beck's rhetoric and vowed to "take back our country.".....

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's kind of sad the head honcho..the president didn't show up..he could have at least beeen "via satellite" or something....very telling imo.

Interesting thing about "race" and the tea party...it is all in the spin. My sisters boss is a second generation hispanic and she is the head of their local tea party group.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Samurai, I believe we call that BACK PEDDLING.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I never ever used the word racist, so don't assume that is what i meant at all.

My comment had absolutely nothing to do with racism. It has to do with who will be voting for who on Nov. 2nd.

Why did you even use that word? Why did you assume i was talking about racism?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I'm not trying to take anything back that i said, I stand firm on my posts. Just trying to clarify the meaning of my original post. No back peddling here.

If i could find that comment i read earlier, i would love to post it so you could understant me a bit better here, but there are now over 9,000 comments on that article. I'm not about to sift through that...sorry. Go ahead & think what you will though. Im going to finish watching the GA Tech game...we are getting our butts kicked...booooo!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I loved the comments on that article. One guy said it right. All you see are white people at becks speech. People forget about all the blacks & hispanics that will vote democrat. They are rarely polled.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Actually, i just looked at pictures & video's from the event. There are thousands of pics & video's online from Becks rally. Seriously, there's practicaly nothing but white people there. Take a look at some pics yourself. It seems as if the only folks who arent white at Becks rally, are the folks who are working for TV networks & are filming the event. I'm sure part of that had to do with the other rally going on that same day...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Funny thing about that samuri. I went to an Honor Flight event at our local airport. It's flight that takes WW2 veteran's, at no cost, to DC to see the memorials and brings them back in one day. It's a very nice thing. When the plane comes in they make a big deal and try and get as many people there to welcome in the plane as they can. We went last week. There were only "white folks" to be seen. So if only racist attended Becks rally by your reasoning only racists were there to welcome our vets back.

Anonymous

• Um, the president didn't even show up.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Well, the truth of the matter is that the majority of minority's vote democrat. That's my whole point. It's not about white vs black at all, although i understand your misinterpretation of my comment. A lot of people pull the race card but am not trying to. I'm just trying to point out that minorities usually vote democrat.

It's not that i just "believe" one random guy. I agree with the comment he made.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Nope, and I think the democrats AND the republicans will do just fine.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 9:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2010