Do you find this strange or wrong?

I've had a step father since the age of 5. My oldest daughter is 17 and is dating the son of my step father's nephew- In other words the boy is not blood related to me or my daugher, but because he's the son of someone I've considered my 1st cousin my entire life, I'm finding it kind of weird. (I hope that wasn't too confusing!)

Would you allow it? Do you find it odd? Disturbing?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 6:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• They are not blood related....that is the bottom line. Who is to say that it is wrong? I can understand your feeling on the matter but the truth is you can't control how others feel and you shouldn't judge their emotions. Your feelings are important but you need to consider their feelings as well and at least put forth the effort to support their decision.
    Many Blessings
    Cheveyo
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I think since it's not direct blood relation, and not something that's going to directly affect your everyday life, then it's okay. But it's really up to how you feel about it, mama. :)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:11 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• neither..kinda cool. atleast you can keep tabs on her if you want
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• For me its not strange at all.. My Aunt got remarried and just so happens she married my husbands father. No blood relation just as in ur case but at time kinda confusing. Like now is she my kids aunt or mamaw lol... some people find it wrong but I love my husband and my aunt is very happy with his dad... i wouldnt expect her to be unhappy just because some think its weird and i would never leave my hubby because of what someone else thinks is weird.
    tiffany0317

Answer by tiffany0317 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Nope. Neither strange nor wrong IMO

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• up to u i don't find it weird kinda of cool, if it was blood relation no way but it's not it's not like they are first cousins they probably rarely saw eachother and are like childhood friends.
    Proverbs3127

Answer by Proverbs3127 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Your not blood related so seems ok to me. If your ok with it and their ok with it, then why should anyone else decide how your family lives. It's your DD decision when she decides to make a final decision when she's legal anyway.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• He's not blood related, so it wouldn't bother me. And he's not closely related by marriage either. It's not a big deal to me.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• No problem at all. Their happiness is what matters.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 7:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I think it's fine.

My cousin on my dad's side married my aunt on my mom's side... their kids are my first and second cousins!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:55 PM on Oct. 2, 2010