I had my ear pierced in the cartiledge about a week and a half ago. What is the best thing to clean it with? It is starting to get infected and sore. I had one for about ten years and took it out last year but I never had any problems with it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• don't use alcohol, or hydrogen peroxide. As they do kill germs, they keep the skin from healing up & your ears will take much longer to actually heal. Use salt water. Mix salt and some warm water & "dip" your ear into it. Hold your head to the side & hold a cup up to your ear & put your ear into the salt water. The salt water will kill the germs & bacteria allowing the infection to heal, and it will allow the skin to heal properly unlike alcohol & peroxide. It will heal good if you use salt water, trust me...been there.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Alcohol and Neosporin have always worked best for me. Make sure you work both down inside the piercing. I hope this helps you... :)
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 6:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I always used bactine for all my piercings (ear, eyebrow, belly), and never had a problem. Comes in a handy squirt bottle.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• They sell cleaning solution for ear piercings.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Anyone who is a professional piercer will tell you to NOT use alcohol or peroxide if you want it to heal properly...

samurai_chica

• Yah, what they said-I had no clue alcohol is not good for it-times have changed
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:14 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• 40 years ago, when i had my ears pierced, they told you to take the earring out every night or two times a day and wash ear and post with alcohol, but my granddaughter just had hers done (10) and she told me they told her to use a different solution now - i didn't ask what the solution was - i think you should call your doctor - you really need to ward off or get rid of that infection - good luck!!!
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 7:07 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• when I got mine done they gave me a cleaning solution that was not alcohol based but I'm not sure what it was...but the best thing is to use salt water...I swear it works for EVERYTHING!
    Baby.Fremd7

Answer by Baby.Fremd7 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• buy some cleaning solution from a place that pierces ears. They aren't expensive at all.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Peroxide.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:50 AM on Oct. 4, 2010