When you grocery shop, do you.......?

Get mostly meats and frozen one day, and then return for the dry, non-perishable stuff another day?

I used to do this sometimes when the meat sales were more available.

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 6:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Shopping

• No, the fewer trips the better!
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 6:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• sometimes when their if a canned food sale, we would stock up, just that day with those items.
    Anonymous

• I shop by sales. My favorite store frequently has, besides their weekly add, a special 1 or 2 day sale, or 12 hour sale, or just an awesome coupon (and I have access to plenty of extra ads) - so in a situation like that I'll go multiple days to pick up the special stuff. But otherwise no, I do it all at once.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 6:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Nope, I shop once a week for everything.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:55 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My husband gets the meat at the commissary because it is cheaper. I get everything else when I go grocery shopping.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:55 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• No, we get it all in one trip. We do, however, go to the produce stand first to get any veggies or fruits we need. Then we stop off at Dollar Tree to get household things (cleaning supplies, etc.) that are cheaper there than at Wal-Mart. If we need dog food, we'll go to Dollar General because their canned dog food is cheaper than Wal-Mart. Then we'll go to Wal-Mart for everything else. We do it all in one day though.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I try to get as much done as possible in one trip.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 7:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I like to shop by sales and buy in bulk first. My fiance prefers to shop daily and I can understand this method to get fresh produce and perishable ingredients we might need in a specific recipe for that nights dinner...But I would prefer to know these things in advance because I'm the one in the kitchen!
    supersammyz

Answer by supersammyz at 8:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• nope I make a meal plan, a list of what I need to make those meals, then I go to the store & get what I need.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:24 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• No, we shop twice a month. One is a major shopping trip and we get everything. The other is just a fill in for fresh veggies, milk, bread etc. We shop at the commissary and stock up on a lot of things there. But we are thinking of getting a Costco card because the commissary here doesn't carry cases of soups or veggies or family packs of meat.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:58 AM on Oct. 3, 2010