What's the last dinner you ruined?

I made an aweful mac-n-cheese tonight. Ack.

science_spot

Asked by science_spot at 6:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Awful Mac and Cheese is that even possible?? Last dinner I screwed up was Spaghetti sauce my jar of Oregano popped open and half of it fell in. Blah
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I made a chicken dinner.. added far too much seasoning salt.. I swear it tasted like eating the atlantic ocean... and none of the thirst quenching benefits!
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• It wasn't ruined but earlier this week I added too much black pepper to my potato soup - it was just a tad spicy for the kiddos. Last fall I used too high % ground beef to make meatballs and they were terribly dry - edible and flavor was good but we drank a lot more with the meal than normal. A couple years ago I made mashed potatoes that were awful, pretty much inedible, and I have no idea what I did wrong. Oh, and this past January, it wasn't a meal, but I trashed DD's cupcakes for her school treat. Never ruined a whole meal though.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 6:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I'll let you know in about an hour.... I don't have high hopes for tonight meal!!! LOL
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 6:39 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• just moved to a house with one of those flat tops. I'm used to flame, and I forget that it takes a while to go from high to low. And this stove I swear, it's version of "low" still keeps things boiling , I'm talking really boiling. I hate it. I have very little control. So I burned my famous meatballs. And when I make pancakes the house gets all smokey. I hate this thing.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 7:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• The other night I let the beans burn.
    AshlyN.

Answer by AshlyN. at 8:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2010