Is 37 too old to have another baby? I would really love to have another child.

trendy2

Asked by trendy2 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you and your husband/so both want another baby then I say go for it! Personally I don't think 37 is 'too old', I had my last one on my 36th birthday, my Grandma had her last one when she was 40, a few of my cousins were 40 when they had babies, and my Great-Aunt had her last one when she was 44.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Go For It Good Luck I am 37 and have a 4 month old.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I don't think so. Talk to your ob/gyn. It really just depends on your health.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 6:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• well, my mom was 45 when she had me & is alive & kickin. She is 73 now & has the spirit of a 20 year old. She says having kids later in life has kept her younger longer....i totally believe her.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• For me, no, it's not too old. I had twins at 35, and it's been a great experience for my family.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• my mom had me when she was 36. I have an acquaintence who is 39 and recently gave birth to her 2nd child! Getting close to 40 you have a higher chance of a high risk pregnancy but it has a lot to do with your health!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I don't think so. That is not old! My daughter just had her 4th baby and she is 41. SHe had a beautiful liitle girl who is healthy and happy. And the whole family is thrilled.
    My Mom was born when her mom was 39.
    If you are healthy, go for it!!!!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I was 37 when I had my youngest. Go for it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• IF TO WANT TO GO FOR IT. JUST MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN GOOD HEALTH AND NOT AT RISK FOR HARMING YOUR BABY. ALSO REMEMBER THE OLDER YOU ARE THE MORE HEALTH RISKS YOU CAN HAVE AND YOUR BABY HAS A HIGHER CHANCE OF BIRTH DEFECTS
    SHORT_LEE10

Answer by SHORT_LEE10 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I know some people who are just starting to have babies at this age. I know some people who have had children and they are pushing 40. So, no.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2010