Racism..

Is there anything wrong with being racist? Its just an opinion. Are we not all entitled to our own opinions? Just because someone is racist, doesnt make them a bad person. And just because someone is racist, doesnt mean theyre going to spread their "hatred" to everyone, its just their own thoughts, and they should be allowed to think how they want.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Entertainment

• People sould be allowed to think what they want. Not that I agree with it. But God did make us all..and why does it matter? I mean what makes whites better than blacks or blacks better than white? and so on. God put us all here didnt he?
    Anonymous

• Since we have "freedom of speech" there really shouldn't be a problem with someone being a racist. But society doesn't accept racists. According to your theory, you could replace the word "racist" with the word "Nazi" or something equally as socially unacceptable and it would work.

In my opinion...disliking someone because of the color of their skin or the country they come from is a little juvenile.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• There's not necesarilly anything wrong with being racist, it's just socially unacceptable now. Of course anyone should have the right to think how they want...whether that be racist or not. However, many racists believe that they are superior due to the color of their skin or their heritage. Does that make them "not bad people"? I have also found that people who are truly racist have a hard time keeping their hatred to themselves.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 9:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Well I believe that it isn't a good thing. Yes we r all entitled to our own opinions, but if you are hurting people with your racisim then that makes it even more wrong. I happen to have 3 biracial children and would be very upset if some1 came at them the wrong way just because of their skin. The way I see it is God made us all!!! We are all equal in his eyes so who are we to judge other people? What makes you racist? You don't like different skin colors? Do you actually know ALL the people of the race u r racist to? What if one of the people u r against was the one who could save your life 1 day? Would u tell them to leave? I dont understand the whole racist thing and really care not to. I personally think u need to really ask yourself why and what the race has done to u for u to hate them. Thats what racisim is .....HATE. I hope i didn't offend you but i just thought i would give my opinion.
    oliveto

Answer by oliveto at 10:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• What's up with all the racist questions here lately? I have a feeling they might be linked to the presidential candidates because now everyone is posting topics on racism like crazy.
    Anonymous

• It's stupid to judge someone by the color of their skin. But then again we judge EVERYONE by something. I judge people by how nice their teeth are, which is just as stupid, but I can't help it.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:01 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Racism we all have somewhat inside of us, just we should learn how to use our senses to not say something that can truly hurt the other person. It could be not only the color of the skin, but also if your super skinny or overweighted. Gay or straigt, I just think that "if there is something that you want to say that isn't very nice, just don't say it", keeping it to ourselves, 'cause at least there is going to be someone in our lives that will or has descriminated us for one reason or another.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Of course it's wrong to be racist. Of course being a racist makes someone a bad person. Good people don't judge people on their race. They judge them by the content of their character.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 4:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I just think there are much more important things to worry about than the color of someone's skin. What does it matter? It's who they are inside that counts. So much more could be accomplished if we could just judge people by their character, not their color.
    sweetsauce

Answer by sweetsauce at 11:21 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Racism is fueled by stupidity and fear. If you think there's nothing wrong with that, then that's just an illustration of the stupid side of the equation.

Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 4:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2008