What time do your toddlers generally go to bed? Mine are 2 and 3. I try to have them in their beds by 8:30 but sometimes they don't go to bed for two hours.

trendy2

Asked by trendy2 at 6:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• My 2.5, bed is 7 pm during the week and if they are not fighting then 8 on the weekends. It usually takes her 30-45 min to go to sleep. She wakes up between 6:30 and 7 usually 12-2 is nap time. If you are having a hard time getting them to fall asleep I would recommend a good late afternoon play time outside, run around, trike rides, a little tag or chase to burn off that energy. Then a good bedtime routine; potty change, maybe a bath, teeth, song, book ( my 2.5 has to lay down and be still), make sure the room isn't were all the toys are. Teach um to keep the door closed and they will be asleep in no time. Find what you thinks helps them prepare the most and stick with it, they will improve over time.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I really didn't have much of a bedtime for my girls at that age well my youngest is 2.5 and we do now, but she is a early riser so I tried putting hr to bed as late as possible lol. So that I could sleep a little more in the morning lol. So her bedtime was usually about 9 or 10 sometimes a little later dpending on if my sister came over lol. My oldest never had a bedtime at that age we put her to bed when we went to bed not sure if that is bad or not lol. If DH and I wanted time alone then we did at times. My kids now have a bedtime that 8-830 since my 5 year old has school now.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My daughter is two and her bedtime is at 8, but sometimes she doesn't go to bed until 9 or 10 depending on what time she napped during the day or if she took one at all.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My son is 21 months we give him his bath a2 8:30 and he is out and in bed by 9
    Nicolle_09

Answer by Nicolle_09 at 6:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• 8, but sometimes it takes a couple of hours to get him settled down
    birdiesmommy95

Answer by birdiesmommy95 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• 7-7:30 he is IN bed...many nights he spends a hour or so reading to himself before finally falling asleep,,,My DS is 2 1/2
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My daughter goes into the bed at 7:30 everynight (unless we are out doing something), and I have been putting her down since she was born at a set time, and she goes right to sleep for me. I did this with my other 2 ( 5&6)and they go to bed on time to without giving me a fuss... :D bedtime is always very consistent around here!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My 2 year old is in bed no later than 7:30pm.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:11 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My son (4 years) goes to bed 8-8.30 pm. He never had really gave us any problems.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I try to get them to bed by 8:30 but most nights it's a little after 9 pm
    Sheleekieije

Answer by Sheleekieije at 10:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2010