Are you open to new things or are u set in your ways?

When it comes to religion are you searching for answers or are you open to hearing truths and uncovering true meaning in the scriptures or do you feel your already their, or want nothing to do with it?

Proverbs3127

Asked by Proverbs3127 at 6:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I am open to new things. I know what I believe, but I am open to hearing others opinions and their beliefs. Sometimes the points made make a lot of sense and makes me question my own beliefs.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I am opne to new thins in life.... but in religion I stand where I am. A non believer unless it strikes appeal in my eyes. Thus far I can not see myself believing in some higher being.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 7:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Are you open to new things or are u set in your ways?   Both but I'm set in my ways when it comes to religion.  I want nothing to do with it!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I am open to new things and enjoy learning about other religions without the typical Christian mindset of everyone who believes differently than I do is going to hell. We started a world religions course with our church and I have been really disappointed with some of the comments I'm hearing - it's making me see these people in a whole new light (and it's not very flattering).

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I'm not searching for another God or another belief, faith, religion or what have you. My faith is firm.

I am open to understanding the Scriptures in new ways but I am not open to unbiblical interpretations of Scriptures. I am not open to doctrine that is not Biblical.

I am not "already there". I don't think anyone ever can be. There is always something new to learn!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 7:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Personally I feel everyone has a right to believe what they want to believe. I respect all religions and feel that whatever spiritual path you feel connects you to that higher power and gives you strength and guidance is a wonderful thing. Thinking and living outside of the box which most of us were raised opens up the path to discovering our true selves. Keeping an open mind on the different religions and faiths and finding what is right for you is the only way to true happiness. As far as the phrase "open to hearing the truths and uncovering the meaning in the scriptures" Who's truth? Every faith has their interpretation to a spiritual truth. None are wrong. It depends on the individual and what they hold true within. Many Blessings.
    Cheveyo
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• OPEN!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Your question is phrased in such a way that it seems that you're implying that there is only one "truth" and that it's to be found in biblical scripture. Cheveyo answered that very nicely, I think. I'm open to spirituality, but I don't think I could be convinced that there is "a" truth. The truth depends on the listener, I suppose. Your truth is unlikely to be my truth. Does that make us both closed-minded, or only me, in your opinion?

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 7:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• no it was just an open question i didn't imply anything i just wanted to know if people have found their truth, I get frustrated in these debate sections sometimes people wanna argue rather than debate not saying thats what ur doing just prepareing for those type of people it's in every question.
    Proverbs3127

Comment by Proverbs3127 (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I'm open to new things, but really there are not so many new things around really.
    Mommee42boyz

Answer by Mommee42boyz at 7:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2010