Do you work at Verizon Wireless.......?

Do you get a good employee discount and do you have any secret tips for me to get a great deal?
I have Sprint (over 10 years now) and I like it, but the phone I want is Verizon and can't be used on the Sprint network. But my bill (for a comparable plan) would be double what I am paying now. I know Sprint offers each employee like 12 free or $1.00 lines, and most people never use them all.
Any insider advice?
PLEASE......Current or former VERIZON WIRELESS employees ONLY. Thank you all!!

Indyk

Asked by Indyk at 7:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• VZW does not give free lines. Employees get 50% off of their phone bill, but they get discounts for other people. VZW does have a lot of discounts for where you work though. All you have to do is call and ask if your employee is part of the discounted rates.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• VZW employees get 50% off their phone bill, and reduced rates on their phones. My aunt is a CSR for VZW.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Verizon Employees do not get 50% off of their phone bill. They have the option of getting a line at a discounted price and they do get 50% off of features on their line, but they have to have a specific agent line to get these discounts. It would not apply to regular family plans or personal lines. The best deals for Verizon phones are usually online or at Walmart. As far as the packages available, they are what they are. Unless you work for a specific company. For instance, Wells Fargo employees receive a discount of 26% of the primary line of service. Home Depot employees receive 25% off their primary line of service. Regardless of cost, they have the best coverage available (at least where I live) and so no one else really compares. It's great to pay less....unless you cannot make or receive phone calls or texts have the time because you cannot connect to your network providers towers. Just my personal opinion.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 1:07 AM on Oct. 3, 2010