Has anyone else's fundal height measured to be more than normal?

At my doctor's appointment yesterday I measured to be 29 weeks but I am only supposed to be 27 weeks tomorrow. Has anyone had this happen and what is the cause?

Joders82

Asked by Joders82 at 7:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was told when that happens..It eather means you have extra amniotic fluid.. or.. Your due date maybe off... I mean it is only an estimate..
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 7:19 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Is extra amniotic fluid dangerous?
    Joders82

Comment by Joders82 (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• yes, but we found out i was carring twins..lol and to answer your question, i had high fluid with my twins pregnancy and no it wasnt dangerous. SOMETIMES high fluid CAN be dangerous BUT if you had the amount it would take for it to be dangerous your ob wouldve told you.and ordered an ultrasound. dont worry you're fine:)
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 7:39 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Yes, i was told that too. I had a big baby and extra amniotic fluid. I ended up having to be induced a week early. I am really happy i did, it was great! I had a perfectly healthy baby boy... 8lbs 7oz :)
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 10:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I measured big all the time with my last baby. I did have extra fluid, and he was fine - it just gave him a little extra room to move around (and flip breech the little stinker). But also different Drs measure differently, a cm isn't that big so it's really easy to be off a little bit and just have it be the Dr rather than you. And baby's position can impact the measurement too.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:39 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Only 2 weeks off is not a big deal. Next week you can be perfect! Your baby might have just been laying funny. Try not to worry momma!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 11:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I am 36 weeks but measuring 40 weeks. I have measured very big thru all my pregnancies. I have very high amount of amniotic fluid and have with all my pregnancies. High amount of amniotic is a result of having big babies, at least from what i have learned and been thru. It can and will cause early BH (Braxton hicks contractions) and as you get closer they will get stronger and stronger and closer together. I have then every 5 min and have for the last two months. I am on moderate bed rest and medication that doesn't necessarily stop them because I still have them but to stop you from premature labor. I haven't dilated yet not even 1 cm but I feel like I am in early labor for 24/7, very tiring.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 12:04 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Yep, I have. And then the next month I was right back on. Your baby could have had a little bit of a growth spurt. Nothing to worry about.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:23 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Thanks for your responses everyone. Very reassuring. I was 10 pounds and 4 ounces when I was born so chances are I could be having a big baby. I was just worried since my blood pressure was up too. I have to go back to the doctor in a week to get checked out again. May be having another ultrasound to check the fluid or maybe they will just measure again and check my blood pressure.
    Joders82

Comment by Joders82 (original poster) at 8:42 AM on Oct. 3, 2010