rash?

we gave Elena mixed vegatables for the first time, then gave her a bath, now her ear, neck and shoulders are bright red, kind of like a heat rash? her bath was not to hot so I know its not that..took her temp and its perfect, could it be the vegatables, anyone had this happen to your baby? she 7 months almost 8 . thanks

JenRose09

Asked by JenRose09 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She could just be having a mild allergic reaction although they usually show up spotty keep and eye one it.
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 10:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Is her skin just red or are there hives? If there's hives you should take her to the doctor. It could be due to the bath even if the water wasn't really hot. To be safe I would read thru the ingredients in the mixed veggies and try the individual veggies one at a time. If she' s already been given them all before then you know it's not the food. It could be an allergy to your laundry detergent in either the towel or face cloth. I would certainly talk to your GP or a health nurse.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 10:13 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Thanks for answering ladies, there were no bumps, and its already gotten a lot less noticable, so I think it was just from the warm bath, plus its kind of warm in our house, she is sleeping now and you could barely see it, so it only lasted not even 5 min. I think she just might have gotten warm. thanks again!
    JenRose09

Answer by JenRose09 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2008