Period question...TMI... adult content

Ok, so wednesday I think it was my period showed up, it was very light, I was using the light tampons for like 2 days, and then ran out so I switched to regular for the next day, ok so last night I take my tampon out, put on a pad for bed, and sleep, wake up no blood, no blod on tampon before bed either (YEAY!! period is gone! ) went through more than half my day with out a pad or tampon, then went pee before leaving for our errands today, and it looked as if my period had JUST started all over again! wth?! I am not breast feeding, i am NOT pregnant, haven't had sex in over 2 months, and im not taking any birth controll pills/patches/shots/diagphram etc....

What is going on with me?! this has NEVER happend to me before.

anikahaynes1

Asked by anikahaynes1 at 7:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Health

• Totally normal. It was a hormonal flucuation. I get this every 4-5mths. I will have a period for like 2 days and then it will vanish and then comeback with a vengence the next day
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 7:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Our bodies can change like that. Drink more water. I don't believe we have any real control over the flow of our periods unless you use medication. If you are really concerned, ask your physician.
    Mommee42boyz

Answer by Mommee42boyz at 7:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Seriously?! :( This is the first time it has ever happend to me...does it mean I have ANOTHER 7 days ahead or just a few more? Thank you!
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Totally normal...happens to everyone!
    Mom2Brock

Answer by Mom2Brock at 7:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Dang I fel like a big loser now!!! This has seriously never happend to me before in my 12 years of menstrating. Thanks ladies! :)
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• thats never happened to me either! never even heard of it so dont feel bad : )
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• How old are you? Periods can change all the time with hormone changes, stress, and your body's reaction to your life right now!! I am an EMT and have heard it all!! Call your Dr. and get in to see them. Maybe you need to have you levels checked.
    FIREMOMMY1978

Answer by FIREMOMMY1978 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Thanks firemommy, I am 24, I'll be 25 in may. I do have an apt with my ob/gyn soon, so I will be sure to ask her when i go back for my appointment. I haven't been stressed much latley either so who knows.
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2010