Class and style?

What do you think of someone who goes out everyday with no makeup, hair in a ponytail? Dressed nice, as in not name brand clothes but clean and in good shape? And what do you think of someone who goes out with hair fixed and makeup? Do you think one is "better" than the other? Do you assume the one with hair and make up done has more money?

Shaylyn318

Asked by Shaylyn318 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I think the one with the makeup worries more about how she looks and could be more insecure then the no make up one. But that is coming from someone who is the non-make up kind.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• It depands on the venue. People who wear make-up everyday spend money on make-up, it doesn't mean they're rich. I believe that they want to appear "put together". Perhaps they are a professional and need to be seen that way. I think every woman needs to feel pretty every once in a while, some need it more badly than others because they are insecure and would die before they leave the house without mascara!
    Mommee42boyz

Answer by Mommee42boyz at 8:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I would never assume that the one all done up has more money. Some people that are all done up can't afford it and are living a lie. I would guess that the one without makeup and a pony tail has a busier life and would rather put time into things other than looks. Neither is better, just different in how you wish to spend your time and money.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I'm the type of person who could go either way, but I actually like playing with makeup so oftentimes I'll throw some concealer on if I see a noticeable blemish and be on my way. Sometimes I like to do more than that and sometimes I'll go completely without it. My fiance prefers that I don't wear makeup to allow my 'natural' beauty to shine through...but I think it's funny when people tell you you look great when you put in that extra effort to appear well-rested. I guess it's all a matter of opinion, but I don't think it has to do with the amount of money one has.
    supersammyz

Answer by supersammyz at 8:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• It is matter of personal style - ppl who are truly wealthy do not dress to impress (in other words - flash). You should read the book - The Millionaire Next Door - very eye opening.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 9:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• no not one bit....
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 10:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• As long as people are clean and fully clad, who cares? Personally, I would not even notice-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:07 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Either looks is fine, it is what you are comfortable with. I do not think that just because someone takes more time to look more dressed up that they have more money. The girl in the pony tail could be rich, but she is secure in herself enough not to have to wear make up & expensive clothes
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:12 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I think women who put little to no effort in to their appearance are lazy. Thats my opinion & I stick by it. Nothing anyone says is going to change my mind. I mean really, is it that hard to throw on some blush, some mascara, & lipgloss. It literally takes less than 2 minutes. Good Lord, get your ass out of your pj's & put on some real clothes! I seriously can't stand that kind of attitude, it drives me crazy. Putting effort in to your appearance does not mean that you are in secure, it means that you care about how you look, it really is that simple.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:38 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• not at all - it's just a matter of choice - during the days when i'm just running around or at home, i'm your first girl - during the evenings when we are going out to dinner, theatre, etc. i am the second gal - but i remain the same person -
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 7:04 AM on Oct. 3, 2010