i love my MIL!! What nice things has your MIL done for you lately?

i usually hear people talking bad about their MIL's but i have a wonderful MIL who is like a second mother. The other day when i was sick she drove me to my doctor visit..insisted that she pay for the visit..then she took me to get my perscriptions and insisted on getting them for me..along with soup, cranberry juice, she even bought me a months worth of ovulation predictor kits... i told her i didnt even need them right now that my doctor wanted me to wait for two months but she said she just wanted to get them for me for when i did need them. She is so frickin nice and i love her so much..i am so lucky to have such a great mil!! anyone else have a wonderful MIL?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• MY MIL IS GREAT TOO, SHE BABYSITS FOR US (WE PAY HER THOUGH!), SHE CLEANS WHILE HERE. TODAY SHE PAINTED OUR KIDS CLUB HOUSE WHILE HUBBY AND FIL WORKED ON PUTTING STAIRS ON IT. I BROUGHT THE KIDS TO A PUMPKIN PATCH THAT IS WHY I DIDN'T HELP
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• She respecta me. I appreciate that!
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My MIL is amazing! She is the most accepting and loving woman I know. She will do anything to help her family. I love her!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 8:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I'm glad you all have a wonderful MIL. I think my Mom is a terrific MIL to my husband. I try to be a good MIL to my sons wives. My own...ummm..the nicest thing I can say is she's 6 hours away and rarely comes or calls :)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Lately: She bought me an over night bag in my favorite color. She bought me some Sanuk flip flops. She is always giving me handbags. She has 3 sons and one grandson, so she has never got to buy for a girl. She lives at the beach and she loves for us to go stay with her. So we get to stay at the beach for free. She is pretty cool.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 8:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My MIL gave my hubby and I $200 today for whatever we needed to use it for. Things have been tight for us latly so ya it helped us out. She also took my step-son school shopping and got our DD and few outfits for winter. We live where the cold weather is coming quicker then most. It sucks right now it 49 outside ya my heat has been on everynight for 2 weeks now.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I love my MIL She is the sweetest most accepting and forgiving person I know. She lives several states away so unfortunatly I don't get to see her often. She always has toys for the kids when we come to visit and spends as much time with them as she can. She sends them thins for no reason also.These are a few of the things that make her great
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 8:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Left us alone and stopped asking my husband for money.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• lol..greeneyed and izsar..i'm sorry. i didnt really give my dh a fair trade though..my mom and her side of the family are good but he was in for a big surprise when he met my dad and that side...it really wasnt a fair trade at all ...lol.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Mines always cooks for us. She will call my husband up and say 'I made you all some food, come get it after work". She doesn't know how much she helps us out because we both are commuters with a 6 yr whose homework assignments just increased since she's in the 2nd grade. She refers to me as her daughter just like the rest of her girls. She's so sweet! I love her to death and my FIL. I couldn't have lucked out with greater inlaws.
    earthtone

Answer by earthtone at 8:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2010