My childs school has a rule where if they wear a jacket to school it has to be on their body when they leave. Is that a good rule? I think its too hot at the end of the day for a jacket.

seturkey

Asked by seturkey at 8:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't think thats good. Make sure they have the jacket w/ them when they leave maybe. But, whats it to them if they have it on.
    Jody E.

Answer by Jody E. at 8:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I will give you creit for thinking outside the box momma :~)
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• i guess it's so they won't forget it on the bus or something. my son always comes home like that too, but with him if it's not strapped to his body it's lost so that's a good rule for us (they have it at his school too). the kid could always take their coat off on the bus or outside when they're walking home. i don't see what the big deal is.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• wow that is the dumbest thing i ever heard
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I agree, why can't we just right names on tags like we used to? Teachers and their aides used to ask if the kids had everything, it's mostly on the parents before they leave campus anyway so why sweat our children out?
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 8:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• are your kids not allowed to carry bookbags or something? i can understand that if they don't carry book bags..it could be hazardous if kids arent wearing them..some kid may be dragging theirs and cause someone to trip...some crazy kid may decide to use theres as a weapon and choke someone out..ya never know. i'm sure something has happend and this is why they have made this a rule
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I think shay1130 is a little over board about some kid chocking another kid out with there coats.

But anyways. I think it is a rule that needs to be changed and maybe speaking to the school board about this or even the principle would be a good place to start.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• maybe a little over board but you have to give me credit for thinking outside the box
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• that's a stupid rule
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Do you know the reasoning behind the rule?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2010