Going to the zoo...

I took off work so my son and I could go to the zoo tomorrow. I think I'm more excited than he is. This is the first "quality time" day we've had in awhile. Do you do things like this with your kid(s)? Just you and them?

angiemgiu

Asked by angiemgiu at 10:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Sure, Makes for a great day and a strat to a great werekend as well.
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My daughter is only four months old, but yes, yes, and yes! And I absolutely can't wait until she is a little older so I can do even more things like that with her.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 10:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• yep, but we also include Dad (my DH)
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Yes...My sons (17 and 15 ) and I went to the Museum a couple of weeks ago. It was an early release day at school so we took advantage of it. We love to do things together.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My husband left last December, and since then my daughter and I have done tons of "mommy and me" mini-trips (she's 20 months old now). She never seems too psyched about heading out to museums or the zoo, but when we get there, she's just in awe. One word of advice: don't map out your trip or over plan your day. Take things at your son's pace and you should be fine. If he's not interested in a certain exhibit, pass it up, but make sure to linger a little longer at one he's really excited by. I've found that when I do that, Noelle seems to get more enjoyment out of our days out. And, sometimes, it unfortunately means we come home early so she can get a nap in.
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Everything we do is just us and the kids. Usually we go out to breakfast or lunch if hubby has off when the kids do (which hasn't happened this school year since his days off are Tuesday and Wednesday). We took them to the zoo at the beginning of August and it was a blast when my 8yo wasn't whining about her feet hurting, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I had an unexpected day off yesterday. I live in Ohio and it was such a pretty day here. The leaves are at peak. We took the boys to a pumpkin patch and had sooo much fun.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2008