Hybrid vs Gas

We are buying a 2008 Toyota Highlander. We have a choice between a gas and hybrid. Both are Limiteds (so same exact care except fuel). The hybrid is $3500 more than the gas with 6k more miles on it. Is it worth it??? I can't decide!

coolchic320

Asked by coolchic320 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Shopping

• honestly at this point, i'd go with gas, There's alot more maintenance required with hybrids. I'd stick with gas.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I agree, stick with gas. Hybrids are so hard to take care of.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• We have the hybrid and we love it. There are times when we are running full electric.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:41 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• For that large of a vehicle I would go with the gas. But when you say Hybrid do you mean that it will take E85 or is it actually running on electric. My Expedition will take a lower grade of gas that is highly concentrated with Ethanol. It would save money if I lived in a place that actually had that.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2010