*TMI alert* Question about constipation

I've been having these HORRIBLE cramps in my lower belly, where the elastic band goes under a big pregnant belly, and they feel like what COULD BE active labor pains but i have no idea at all. I've had constipation issues for the past couple days (haven't passed a regular BM in like 5 days) i drank two glasses of prune juice and that worked like a charm or so i thought. I wake up at 5 am this morning with horrible pains in my lower belly that move quickly to my lower back, hip bones, and the little bones on my lower back and it's been going on ALL day, and the pain else where is gone, just an excruciating pain in my lower belly. I try to go to the bathroom but NOTHING but gas gas and more gas, and i feel fine, as soon as that sharp pain comes back i feel pressure on my "exit" and feel the need to finally go poo. Is it contractions or constipation?? I can barely walk and i'm panting in pain when this happens, then i feel fine

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Health

• You need to go/call your doctor right away. We are not doctors on here and we also haven't gotten a clue how far along you are either. CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR GO TO THE ER this very much could and sounds like LABOR to me.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• idk.... it's hard to tell it apart sometimes i know. have you tried to see if there is any kind of pattern as to when the pain comes? you could try to take some gas-x and see if that helps if you think it's gas. sorry i can't help more, but like i said it is hard to tell them apart. if you do think it's contractions then you should definately tell your ob
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• call your doctor could be braxton hicks or you might have an abstruction in your bowels..either way you need to go to the doctors
    Michele C.

Answer by Michele C. at 8:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• go to the hospitalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AshlyN.

Answer by AshlyN. at 8:55 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• how far along are you? the pressure against your 'exit' worries me...i think you should get checked
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I'm 39 weeks, wednesday i'm 40 weeks, but what confuses me is that last wednesday my OB said i was still only 80% effaced, not dilated and he was still floating
    Young_vegan19

Answer by Young_vegan19 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• You need to get to the hospital right now. I would say you are in labor.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2010