UTI in a 2 month old??

My 2 month old daughter is in the hospital with a UTI. Does anyone know how and why they get them so young??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well she gets it the same as we get it. it's probably easier for a baby since they wear a diaper and you know what a mess it is when they poop and it gets into every nook and cranny. hope she gets better soon
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My daughter was diagnosed with a kidney/ureter condition at 10 months old. The common term for it is just "kidney reflux" but I recommend asking your doctors about this while she's there in the hospital. It's quite common in baby girls, from what I remember, and a mom with 2 girls had a really great journal about a month ago or so.
    irishcoffee

Answer by irishcoffee at 9:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Sorry to hear about your little girl, I hope she is feeling better soon. Giving her an infant probiotic will help her immune system bounce back to fight off UTIs in the future.
    ToddlerBrain82

Answer by ToddlerBrain82 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• my niece is 3 months old and she was just in the hospital with a uti the dr is waiting to test her for vur but other then that they are fine
    pookersmommy88

Answer by pookersmommy88 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2010