How many of you have babies close in age to your best friend's babies?

My daughter is 16 months. My best friend for 10 years' little girl is almost 7 months, and my other best friend of 6 years' little girl is 2 months. We love that we can watch our babies grow up together and I was owndering how many of you have the same thing?

Mme.Langley

Asked by Mme.Langley at 8:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• i do, but my friend lives far away so we don't get to see each other often.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I did, our kids were only months apart... We have since moved far away from each other... I do however have many new friends since our boys are in school. Our kids are all the same age, and have a lot to relate to.. Same teachers, same school, that gives us so much to talk about, and have become very close because of it!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• one of my best friends and I had our sons a day apart...she had an emergency c-section and I ended up going into labor and having my son almost 24hrs later...unfortunately we have lost touch in the last few years since I moved out of state. My other best friend has a dd that is 8 months older than my dd.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I do, my best friend has a son 3 months apart. My daughter has a cousin that's 3 weeks to the day apart, some around a year...it's jun fun :)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I do from childhood, and have met girls who have become some of my closest friends simply because our kids are close in age!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• We are really good friends with my husband's best friend since Kindergarten and his wife, our sons are 6 weeks apart to the day.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My lifelong best friend is single with no kids... my other lifelong best friend (actually one of my cousins) tried to have a baby back when she was married but is not able to have kids without IVF. She's now divorced and kids are not on the radar right now. I do have other good friends who I've met through my kids (ie. they are the moms of my childrens' friends) but I didn't grow up with them.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I have barely any friends with kids, let alone kids of the same age. My best friend just got engaged and is not planning on having kids for 4 or 5 more years.
    birdiesmommy95

Answer by birdiesmommy95 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• mine and my friends boys are 10 days apart... and they really like being around eachother.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 10:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I did when my kids were little.  My best friend from childhood had her dd on June 27, 1999.  My oldest was born June 28, 2000.  The girls grew up together and are BFFs.  We just moved across the country and the girls were devestated (they just turned 11 and 10).  My other friend had a baby 8 months after my youngest dd so they've been friends since they were babies (they are 4 1/2 and almost 4).  I just had my youngest son and she's now pregnant.  They will also be 8 months apart but since I moved they won't get to grow up together.  Her older kids are also the same age as my older kids.  We actually had kids in 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd and 2nd grades between us (and would have had kids in preschool together if I hadn't moved).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2010