why cant i sleep... ughhh

ever since i hit my third trimester i havent been able to get a good nites sleep! im soooo tired but i cant sleep, is this normal? wats a good way to get urself to sleep wen u cant? any ideas?

TeenMom17-Mszy

Asked by TeenMom17-Mszy at 10:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sorry i didnt answer your question,but your a teen mom.so am i,currently pregnant with my first,how did everything go after you had your baby? Message me =)
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I'm at my 39 week mark right now and i knw EXACTLY what your feeling! I felt that too when i hit my third trimester... some things that i did that helped me a little was during the day try and do a lot of things...like clean go for a walk surf the internet (i did a lot of researching about pregnancy since this is my first and computer always seems to get my eyes tired lol) or reading something... I know your feeling very uncomfortable and probably worrying about everything well i was at least...but try and relax take a bath and see if that helps =] good luck to you~
    jyi0621

Answer by jyi0621 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My OB/GYN told me that he thinks it's "practice" for what's coming. You get less sleep after the baby comes. It's not that bad though, you do get used to it.
    tiffanyp1980

Answer by tiffanyp1980 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Ah... I remember those nights. Grab a book or a crossword puzzle - it will exhaust your mind, and I know I always could fall asleep better sitting up, IDK why that is... but it helped me... hope it helps you too.
    Nicolert

Answer by Nicolert at 11:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Unfortunately; YES, it is normal to have less sleep or poor sleep. I would try to be active during the day to wear myself out (but didn't work all the time). I would also take a warm bath to relax my muscles (would work until I got out of the tub). If I was extremely tired, I would lie down for about 30 minutes (not necessarily sleep) to let my body rest. Just chalk it up to practice for what lies ahead; your nights will never be the same because you are a mommy!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• omg you will not have a full night's sleep for a long time! Welcome to being a mom! I too noticed around 7 months not being able to sleep, tossing and turning and getting up to pee. You'll be getting up a lot more when the baby comes!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:11 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Went through it lol.. Take a nice hot bath before you go to bed it helps calm the baby believe me my son was constantly flipping everywhere lol then once you get into bed lay on your left side you should fell the baby move around some just rub your tummy from your right side as far left as you can go, dont do it hard very gently.. it worded wonders for me
    playgurlbabyash

Answer by playgurlbabyash at 7:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2008