what is a good food schedule to feed a 15 month old at each meal and how much is a good portion of food.

jomama2467

Asked by jomama2467 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is 13.5 months old. Here is a sample of a daily meal for her.

breakfast: 1/2-1/3 of a banana, handful or two of dry Cheerios

lunch: 1/2 of an avocado, whole wheat english muffin with marinara or pizza sauce and cheese, possibly 1/3-1/2 of a piece of fruit such as a peach

dinner: small amounts of whatever we are having for dinner

for snacks she gets multi-grain or whole wheat crackers, cheese, Cheerios, or fruit

She only drinks water or breastmilk from the tap
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• The english muffin pizza for lunch - she would just get 1/2 the english muffin, not the whole thing
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• we do handful of cereal at breakfast and milk/breastmilk, then more milk, then lunch, either english muffin pizza, or 4 chicken nuggets, or a hot dog, or a grill cheese and more milk, then more milk, and some kind of organic baby snack/cereal bar thing. Then dinner is the same foods as lunch only something they haven't had yet and usually sweet potatoe fries (baked) or squash and more milk, and then more milk as needed through out the rest of the night
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 10:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• my son is 13 months old and has a good appetite I usually feed him like 1 scrambled egg and 1/2 a piece of french tst or a small portion of what we are having, and a yogurt and sippy of milk for snack, then small portion of whatever im feeding my 3 year old for lunch, then pieces of a granola bar and sippy of milk for snack, then a small portion of whatever is for supper.
    Jessica W.

Answer by Jessica W. at 10:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My DS eats a banana as soon as he gets up at 7am then at about 10am I make him a waffle around 1pm we have lunch which is usually half a sandwhich and some chips. For dinner I just give him a small amount of what ever i eat. Just remember your stomach is only as big as your fist. Just put food on your kids tray and let them eat till there full
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• After a child is 1 year, you can set them up to eat meals with you at every meal just like an adult. You just give them smaller portions. But let them eat how much they want to until they're full, don't force them to eat too much or only let them eat a little. And make sure you're not feeding them anything they can choke on like hard chips or popcorn. Cut grapes in half and cut hot dogs in small pieces so they don't choke. Also snacks are fine, just make them healthy like fruit or something. A cookie every now and again isn't that bad as long as they are getting their good nutrition. Sometimes I still don't know what to feed my son but I usually just feed him what I'm eating, minus things he can choke on
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 6:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2010