I'm 39w2d pregnant and today went in for my routine weekly check up and got my cervix checked, doc sd that I was 2-3 cm dialated, how long after did you other mom's go into labor after being that dialated?

I know that just because it's at 2-3 it could stay there for possible another week or so... But just wanted an idea or hear what you other mommies experienced! I've been having a lot of symptoms and having minor contractions I just wish it would be soon can't wait to see him =]

jyi0621

Asked by jyi0621 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• my labor was induced but my best friends daughter was 3 cm on a thurs and went n 2 labor on that sat nite and had her baby on sunday
    Anonymous

• I got checked on a Tuesday and was barely 1 cm, then had small contractions all day Friday went to the hospital that evening was barely 2cm went back 4 hours later and was 4 and had her a few hours after that.
    ashley8717

Answer by ashley8717 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• http://contractionmaster.com/,this will time your contractoins
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 10:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• When I went into labor, I was not quite 2 cm.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:39 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• It is different for everyone. I was dialated 4 centimeters when I started contracting but even at 10cm i had to be induced. Ended up with a c-section for having a tilted pelvic bone and baby was trying to come out but couldn't..so just hang in there and wait til you start contracting every 5 minutes before you go into the hospital
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I went around 3 - 4 for about another week, then they induced me. Good luck! This was with my 2nd, with my daughter I wasn't like that at all, I was probably 1.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:09 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I was at a 3 for a couple weeks then out of no where went froma 3 to a rim... so be prepared it could happen ANY time! but i know how you feel!!! Good luck!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 12:20 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I was a 2-3 and 75% effaced on Dec 3 and didn't have my baby until Jan 4...and they had to induce me with cervidil...but my labor was onl 7 hours
    LindseysMom08

Answer by LindseysMom08 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 25, 2008