Any home remedies for pinworms?

My two year old's got 'em and it's horrible.

AshlyN.

Asked by AshlyN. at 9:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Health

• Go to the doc and get him what he needs!! Don't fool around with your kids health... take him to a doc!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• what is a pinworm? Sounds awful
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:17 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• yup, gonna have to take him to the doctor for that one.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 10:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• You'll need to go to the doctor for that one. In the meantime, witch hazel can help relieve the itch. Keep fingernails (yours too) trimmed short to prevent eggs from hiding out underneath them and be extra vigilant about hygiene.
    xtwistedxlovex

Answer by xtwistedxlovex at 11:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Pin-x, you can buy it at the pharmacy, I had pinworms while pregnant, not fun. You can either call in & get a prescription for it or just go buy it. For 2 years of age, be sure to do just half a tablet & follow guidelines. Also, let your lo shower often & make it fun to relieve some of the itch without itching. Constant washing of the hands and be sure to avoid hands to mouth, I used to bite my nails ALL of the time so that's more than likely why I got it
    jjk45xox

Answer by jjk45xox at 11:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2010