Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

What do I do about my husbands threats?

I no longer want to be with my husband, but when I tried to leave him, he tried to cut his wrists. Right in front of our one year old. What do I do???? I'm very scared to let him know anythiing is wrong and I feel trapped.


Asked by AshlyN. at 9:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Relationships

Level 12 (761 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (12)
  • My ex done the same thing when I tried to leave him and let me tell u I wished I would have left then. I stood by his side thinking that I could deal with what was to come but it only got worse….he would lock me in the bed room for days, hit me, and try to make me miscarry with our daughter. I called around and got my mom and dad to help me get out before it went any further. I waited until he was gone packed up everything that was mine and shut off lights, gas, ect…. Called the landlord got my name removed from the lease and changed my cell number. It’s hard to get out but I agree with the others that you do need to get out before he starts doing things to you or your child. There are many people that can help you get out and he really needs to get help. I know it’s hard to walk away but you will be happier in the long run.

    Answer by MisticDawn6 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • He needs help. He is depressed. Talk to your Dr., pastor, or someone he resects and cares about him.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 9:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • He.......'tried', as in just said he would, or got a knife and let out blood, or he acted like an asshole.
    This is unstable as all get out.
    Get this on the 9-1-1 NOW
    don't wait until he does it again or he'll use the knife on someone else. NOW report this to the police, get it on record if it's as big an issue as it sounds.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • Wait a 1 yr old?

    Wow, you need to leave, fast. FAR

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • I would leave him now! Call the police to let them know that he is wanting to harm himself and then go to court and get emergency full custody. Do not let him around you or your child until he is mentally stable!

    Answer by Leigh519121 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • I would leave him and then call the authorities tell them what he did last time and let them deal with him. He is trying to make you do something by making you responsible for his actions. He is the one doing this not you, leave and call 911.

    Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • This is unstable behavior and it seems as if he desperately needs professional help NOW!!
    There are Domestic Violence Shelters to advise you and keep you and your child safe. IF you continue to stay there, your DH could hurt himself or/and someone else. Take care of YOU and your child first! Please call your closest mental health center, or D.V. Center asap.

    Answer by okmom2323 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • He really needs help, don't let him chain you down with threats! You have to let him know how you feel. I know it's hard but if you don't you will be stuck in the same position forever!

    Answer by dsbishop22 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • call the authorities and let them know what happened...he'll be removed from your home.......and you can take out a restraining order to keep him from coming to the premisis.....keep him away from you and your child until he's stable

    Answer by LynnB1 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • He needs help. Get him in touch with a therapist. See if your insurance covers mental health. He sounds depressed. If he's not depressed, then he's just using it as a ploy to keep you there. Have you actually seen him cut his wrists?

    Answer by _Tam_ at 9:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2010