detergent?

I have heard that regular detergent can irritate a babies skin.....what should I use?

Amanda21105

Asked by Amanda21105 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Kids' Health

• it "can" if the baby is allergic to it.. if you wanna try some detergent for your baby try the all free and clear.. its pretty good
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• but if you dont feel like using regular detergent you can use Dreft and they also have All Baby detergent as well :)
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I have 3 girls 4yrs, 2 yrs and 7 months and i never used baby detergent i always used regular gain and just a tip my prediatrition says there is no need to use the baby detergents either they dont even wash the baby blankets or clothes they use at the hospital when the baby is born in special detergent.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• i bought some hypoallergenic detergent before my baby was born and washed everything of hers in it....after we came home and her skin was against my clothes and she layed on my bed etc....then i noticed she was not reacting in anyway with a rash or redness or irritation so i started using regular detergent for her stuff too....the hypoallergenic stuff is expensive so i wasnt gonna keep using it unless i had to
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I use Dreft, but they don't make a HE version of it so I dilute it. Consequently, a $20 bottle of the stuff has lasted me through 2 babies.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 9:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• It can, but it doesn't always. Any kind of sensitive skin or just free and clear detergent will probably be fine, and after a few washes, you can try something of baby's in the detergent the rest of you use to see if it bothers her. It didn't bother my first, but my second has very sensitive skin and has to have her clothes washed in free and clear detergent. The only way to find out is to try it and see, but I'd go ahead and buy at least one bottle of free and clear or baby detergent for right at the beginning.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• It can for some infants, but generally does. I actually suggest making your own detergent. On the "Duggar Family Website" they have a great recipe for homemade detergent. My sister and my parents both use it and rave about it. My parents brought me a gallon and so far I am definately loving it. Really it's great on clothes, brightens the colors and whites, it's really great. AND you can add whatever scent you want to it!!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I have always used TIde.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• you can use anything that says its free from dyes and fragrance.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 1:36 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Use baby detergent or a mild everyday one (not sure which one that is, sorry)
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:45 AM on Oct. 3, 2010