what do you do when your hubby wants you to lose weight??

I want to lose weight too but it just hurt my feelings when he said I would want you more if you lost weight :( I'm 247lbs and i know i need to lose weight but i just cant seem to get motivated to do anything. I am the only girl he has ever been with and i found out he has been talking to a girl at his work that is VERY skinny and very pretty and he told me he liked her so I'm afraid if i dont lose weight he's going to leave me. Any advice on how to get movtivated or any good ideas for loseing weight??? HELP!!!! I'm scared he is going to leave.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• i would be pissed if my hubby was saying things like that even if i was obese.... ok here are my questions.
    do you know for a fact that he's talking to the girl at his job? or did he tell you that? because if he told you that he might be trying to motivate you and it might not be true. otherwise i would be mad because he should love you more than for just your looks. if he doesn't, well i guess i would just leave since loving someone for how they look is lust, not love and you can do better than that.
    my other question is why can't you get motivated? are you depressed? lonely? find out what the problem is then take care of that first before you start a diet.

ok, here's the diet advice lol. i like to count calories. i do 1200 a day with moderate exercise (low impact aerobics, or walking with the kids in a stroller). i lost 125 lbs. in college doing that and i lost my babyweight in 6mo. pp doing that. gl!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• you know what, i think i would also be pretty upset if i found out my husband was talking to a girl at work. what do you mean by talking? if he is crossing the line, you should just leave his ass, loose weight, and find someone better.
    but anyway, i can understand where it would be frustrating for him. i personally think its unattractive for a person to be overweight and to not even care and just be too lazy to do anything about it. its just not attractive, and makes you seem like you dont care about your health or your looks. basically, if you want to loose weight band enough you will do it. i can give you plenty of advice on what to eat, and how to work out but i dont feel like typing it all if your not really serious about it, so if you are send me a message.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I would tell him to go jump in a lake! LOL But, I don't know what your situation is with him right now. Only you can decide how you want to handle it. Good luck and I hope he doesn't talk that way in front of your children.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 9:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I wouldn't change for him, change for yourself if you want to. He sounds like a complete ass.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I would sit down and ask him right to his face what is he doing and if he thinks this is going to have a good outcome. Then I would sit down and work on what would motivate me and for me it is losing weight so I can run Iron Man and look better when my company makes it. You find what makes you want to lose weight and run with it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Only you can decide to do what it best for yourself in this situation. It seems like he is manipulating you. The most important thing is how you react to his behavior.
    okmom2323

Answer by okmom2323 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• If you want to lose weight, do it for you. Increase YOUR self esteem and don't give a damn about what anybody else wants.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 9:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• You can always talk to your Dr. Your weight is high even for a tall woman. Your Dr. can really help you get in the right direction. My aunt had her Dr. help her. once a month she had to tell him everything she ate. He also prescribed her with something that helped her lose. I know that not everyone wants to take a pill, but for people who REALLY need to lose, it can be helpful.

Is the fact that your husband is talking to & interested in skinny women not enough motivation for you to lose weight? Are you going to wait until he leaves you for someone else and THEN lose weight? Start by cutting out all sugary drinks & go for a 30 min walk 5 times a week. That is a start, but as you lose, you will have to work harder. The thinner you get, the harder it is to lose believe it or not. The heavier you are, the more calories your body burns in a day. So, just walking every day would make you lose weight. PM me if you need more help
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• if YOU want to loose weight, do it...I wouldn't do it for him. If he's talkin to some chick at work (the he "likes") tell him to f himself. You're better than the work ho-bag.
    (just me though, I would do it..)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Tell him he needs to get off of his lazy ass and lose weight, too.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2010