What are your favorite Fall rituals?

I'm born on Halloween and have always loved Autumn as one of my favorite seasons....I'm curious what you and your family like to do traditionally during the harvest holidays.

supersammyz

Asked by supersammyz at 9:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• Going to get pumpkins at the orchards and picking apples.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• thanksgiving! and i did like to go apple picking but i moved away from home now so idk where things like that are around here lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Halloween! Always been a favorite!

Thanksgiving-Christmas tree time!

My daughter and my B-day are the last day of fall-so we have a party (well, the past two years :))
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• We love anything and everything that we can do. Carving pumpkins and trick-or-treating are big hits. We also like to watch movies that remind us of the season.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 9:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Apple picking, the apple festival in November. The pumpkin patch. Canning the last of seasonal goodies to eat during the winter when they are scarce or outrageously priced. Dry herbs, cut rinds, make cedar chips for popourri bags for dresser drawers and gifts.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Our new thing is go to the Cider Mill. Let the kids play in their play area and buy Cider and Doughnuts. They also have hay rides, a Pumpkin and Gourd Toss, Corn Maze, and other great acitivities.

I also love raking up leaves and letting the kids play in them!

i hope to go to a pumpkin patch this year, though I don't know if that's going to happen. Maybe next year.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:55 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• So easy. Raking up a giant pile of leaves and jumping into it!
    aboutmattlaw

Answer by aboutmattlaw at 10:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Going to Apple Hill to pick apples.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:39 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• pumpkin patch, apple orchard, baking, thanksgiving,
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:46 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Halloween/Samhain is one of my fav holidays. We go to the pumpkin patch, corn maze, a community festival and this year we are going on a ghost walk. I do the more serious aspects of Samhain later at night after we have had fun all day. And I love hot apple cider and pumpkin donuts, caramel apples and all the fun foods that go with it. And I do still dress up :) And I do a lot more baking and cooking traditional fall foods and breads. And of course watching scary movies and the classics like Great Pumpkin.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:11 AM on Oct. 3, 2010