I need to vent anonymously, my life is chaos!

We lost our home in a natural disaster earlier this year. Moved in with my family member, the only one who would take us in for a few months when she decided to kick us out, even though we were paying a generous amount in rent because of her and her boyfriends racist views.

We are now staying at DH's friends house. He is not even in the country right now, so it's just us, like we are "house sitting"
He is not complaining he wants us out. It's still another month before he will get back here, a month earlier than he agreed to let us stay because DH thought we found a place to rent, but it fell through.
We are just looking at something seasonal (we live at the beach so there are plenty of those!) because we have to start from scratch. All of our furniture was destroyed, all of our clothes, everything. The only things we saved were what I threw in a hamper and suitcase before we had to leave the house.
I am so stressed!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• aawww...its gonna be ok...this too shall pass.....((hugs))
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I'm sorry to hear about this. =( No insurance coverage for your home or is it just taking a long time? I hope you get everything worked out soon.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• If you appeal to a church, chances are the congregation members would have items of furniture and furnishings that they want to get rid of for the hauling away.

Answer by Bmat at 9:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• We go through things in life to make us better people. Don't look at this as "the worst thing that could ever happen" because once you make it through this, you are going to come out a happier stronger person! You can't sit around asking yourself, "why me" ask your self "what can we do to get out of this situation." It's hard, I know but don't let his tare you down, build yourself up!
    dsbishop22

Answer by dsbishop22 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• This too shall pass, like the first poster said. I'd work on looking forward to Halloween (what will the kids wear and only keep out the fall decor) and have everything else ready to go asap. Hope your husband's trip is safe.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Check out craigslist.org and also freecycle.com (or .org?) -- people are always looking to give away items! What state are you in??? If from a natural disaster, apply to FEMA and see if your local Red Cross can assist. (I was a Katrina & Rita "victim" or whatever)
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I'm so sorry that you had a natural disaster happen to your home earlier in the year. I know that had to be very hard on all of you. I'm sure there are people out there with things to help you get your life back together. Did you have any type of homeowner's insurance? That would have paid for what you had lost. There should be some local organizations around that can help you even social services. Some churches will help their members when you go through something like this. I wish you the best of luck and hope things will turn around for you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:45 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Wow I am so sorry that that has happened to you
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 7:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2010