How do I deal with his ex???

I've been with my fiance for over a year now, and the drama with his ex-wife never seems to end. I understood at first, me being the new girl and all, but its been over a year and she has remarried and is still on my case talking trash about me and things she knows nothing about. When she's not attacking me she's saying inappropriate things about my kids, but yet when she needs me to watch my fiance and her kids its a totally different story. I'm sick of her playing high school games, especially when I am still in my twenties and act more grown up than her in her thirties. How do I make her stop running her mouth, especially when she and her new husband moved in half a block away??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• Here is the solid honest truth. You can not change any one except your self. So having said that, how can you deal with her?
    Hmm, don't listen. Do not let her have that power over you. So what if you have to be the mature one? If you love this guy and marry him and have kids with him, GUESS WHAT ! You get her too. So either deal with it or leave the whole package at the curb and be on with your life?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• If you live in a small town like I do, you won't have to do a thing because she'll discredit herself eventually. People are watching all the time. The key is to let them, and they'll see her for what she is. In the meantime, ignore her as best as you can. It may be hard, but it'll be worth it in the end, and best of all, you'll show your fiance why you're the best of you two! JMO
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• WOW HONEY I FEEL SORRY 4 U WHY DID SHE MOVE SO CLOSE TO U ??? I WOULD HAVE TO MOVE !! WELL I WOULD JUST TELL HER THE TRUTH AND TELL HER U DON'T WANT THAT KIND OF DRAMA IN YOUR LIFE OR AROUND ALL THE CHILDREN !
    Anonymous

• She is probably acting that way out of insecurity over you. Don't worry about it; she will dig her own grave eventually. There is nothing wrong in being the mature one; take pride in that.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Don't watch the kids tell her that you do not watch kids for people who talk trash about you and if your soon to be husband says something tell him to watch his kids.... You have to take a stand now if not then you will be walked on for ever....
    homextownxgirl

Answer by homextownxgirl at 12:06 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• omg i have had a simular situation my DH ex wife moved a block from us .... we moved out of state cause our marriage is worth it, she is not re married though .... good luck
    MarksGurl

Answer by MarksGurl at 9:25 AM on Oct. 24, 2008