What do you do when your kids interfere with your sex life especially with your husband????

3kidsmarry

Asked by 3kidsmarry at 6:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• Right after I had my first baby.. I didn't know how to be a mother and a lover. So I read a few books. One of the things that it said was that 1... you and your husband have to realise and understand that THIS WILL HAPPEN. There will not be a lot of time for "together time" and certainly not a lot of time for sex. It recommended that you get a baby sitter, not to go out, but to STAY IN! Have the sitter watch them away from your home so that you can have a little intamcy time. Also, get used to quickies! lol If they are taking a nap, even if you can not "complete the deed" sort to speak, it will still be better than none. Hope this helps!
    KeelinsMommy

Answer by KeelinsMommy at 6:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I think it depends on how old your kids are. Like 5 and up you can explain that you are having pravate time (like Sat. morning for a resonable amount of time) lock the door, and tell them what they cna do while they wait for you.

I have a three year old though, we just put him to bed early (7:30) and make together time after that.
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 6:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• what do you mean especially with your husband? sounds curious.
    you have kids now, your priorities change and you have to realize that. and be creative. we used to lock ourselves in the bathroom.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 6:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Schedule it in. The other day, my dh and I agreed we would... But that night I ended up being too tired. So the next night I made sure it happened. Hit or miss with me.

The kids in our house sleep in their own rooms. I don't mind if they come in bed with me after daybreak but not when it's still dark out.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• WELL..........
    FRANKLY YOU KNOW YOU HAVE THAT ONE SHINING MEMORY OF YOU AS A CHILD RUNNING IN AND SEEING YOUR PARENTS. WELL GUESS WHAT THE TRADITION CONTINUES. YOUR PARENTS WERE SHOCKED AND EMBARESSED AND GUESS WHAT PART OF YOUR PARENTAL JOYS IS THE SAME TREAT. I THINK EVERYONE ELSE HAS COVERED THE GAMMIT OF HOW AND WHEN AND CREATIVITY. SO USE THEM AND THEN WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS SMILE AND SAY GET OUT NOW
    LOL
    friends4me

Answer by friends4me at 10:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2008