WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I HAD A MISCARRIAGE LAST MONDAY,BUT I WAS VERY EARLY IN PREGNANCY I WAS ABOUT 4 WEEKS PREGNANT.TODAY I HAD A SONOGRAM TO SEE JUST IN CASE THERE WASNT ANY TISSUE LEFT OF THE BABY,BUT THERE WAS NOTHING,I WAS GOOD TO GO.MY DOCTOR SAID THAT I COULD TRY TO CONCEIVE RIGHT A WAY.SHE GAVE ME A PRESCRIPTION FOR FOLIC ACID SHE WANTS ME START TAKING IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.DO YOU THINK I SHOULD TRY TO CONCEIVE RIGHT A WAY?I DO WANT TO TRY AGAIN,BUT WHAT SHOULD I DO?HAS ANYONE HAD A LISCARRIAGE AND HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO CONCEIVE?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i miscarried on june 2nd and im 8 weeks pg now and my due date is june 2nd so it tokk me 3 mos and 5 yrs ago when i mc it took about 6 mos 2 get preg again
    kim2316

Answer by kim2316 at 10:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Firstly; I'm so sorry for your loss. If your MD said your a physically fine, it is up to you. When you feel emotionally ready to begin trying again, you should go for it. Some people take longer to grieve than others, and some want to jump right back on the horse( no pun intended). Talk with your partner about how you feel and together you can decide when would be a good time to start trying again. I have had two miscarriages (we waited awhile after the first because I was in college) (the second we tried after several months and ended up pregnant in less than a year; but had a still birth at 7 months) We stopped trying for over a year after my daughter because I wasn't sure I could risk going through that again; but we worked through it and now have a little miracle...our 5 month old son). Best of Luck.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Sorry about your loss. I had on in May and found out the next month i was pregnant. I was 8 weeks when i had a miscarriage. So for me it was fast, me and my husband talked and decided to try again and bam... since you got the ok from your doc. start again when y'all feel ready:) Good luck
    ferfergirl

Answer by ferfergirl at 4:16 AM on Oct. 25, 2008