If you could have a long talk with your

16 year old self...what words of wisdom would you tell you??? What do you know now that you would have wanted the 16 year old you to know?

mamakirs

Asked by mamakirs at 10:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I would tell myself, not all men make good husbands and fathers. I don't know why I just assumed that a man would want to be a husband and father as much as I wanted to be a wife and mother. I was very nieve at that age. Of course I thought I knew it all.....well that sure did blow up in my face!!!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:35 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Save your money for sure.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Do better in high school!
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 10:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• ummm.... just have fun while you can.. dont try to grow up to fast.... life truly goes by all to quickly.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Do NOT lose your virginity to the creep!..You'll regret it forever. You will wish you could have given that gift to the man you married.

That's what I'd tell myself...but knowing me then..I probably still wouldn't have listened.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I agree with the saving your money bit,I would've liked to went to college and actually made that a priority but then I wouldnt have what I do now which is 3 great kids and a loving hubby, so I wouldn't change a thing.
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 10:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I think mine would have been to cut my folks some slack..they really did know a lot ...I really didn't..and they despite not being perfect they always did what they thought was best..

Man I was a butthole
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• yeah ditto on the save money answer!!

also- be secure in who you are- don't rely on other people to make you happy. don't let any man make you feel bad about who you are.
    DON"T DRIVE SO FAST!!!
    mykidsrock77

Answer by mykidsrock77 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Find this guy named Dave Ramsey and follow his plan, you will be a millionaire by the age of 40! Go ahead and party your twenties away, you will be grateful for it when you are married and pregnant and settled down. Invest, invest, invest!!! Don't be so shy, because you are gonna be a HOT and well adjusted young lady when you get a bit older. You will have a great personality and lots of friends. Oh and the most important thing, keep your mouth shut unless you actually have something to say. And don't be overbearing, let the man open the door and pay for dinner etc.
    muddysuzi

Answer by muddysuzi at 10:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Have more fun in High school! Join the Army like you planned but while you're in take college courses because your back will give out on you and you will be discharged 10 years earlier than you planned. Save your money and invest in what will make you money! :) Don't get married the first or 2nd time! Wait for the one that you know you want as soon as you see him, but don't make any moves until a friend helps you out in the desert...the 3rd deployment!! ;)
    Anonymous