baby name and tattoo

I have a couple of small tattoos and would love nothing more than to get my new babie's name to be my next tattoo! It would be small and discreet like the rest of my tats, but I have heared mixed stories on getting your kid's name tattooed. Like it means they died? I thought maybe if I had the date and name if would mean that. but I just want the name. whats your take?

Amanda21105

Asked by Amanda21105 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Baby Names

• i know several people who have their kids' names and/or picture tattooed on them and their kids are alive and well.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I don't think it means they're dead..f you like tatoos, go for it!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 9:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• im going to get my sons name tattooed on me along with any more kids i have.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I'm getting my kids named tattooed to me. I have honestly never heard that people only do it because they died. People put the names of the people they love on them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• see? Thats what I thought!
    Amanda21105

Comment by Amanda21105 (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Ive never heard of that, I have my kids names tattooed on me and their healthy, and happy.
    reyreybella01

Answer by reyreybella01 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Definitely go for it! I haven't ever heard of tattooing kids names only if they've died.
    birdiesmommy95

Answer by birdiesmommy95 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I have so many people that come to me wanting their kids names tattooed on them and it does not mean that they are dead it just shows that they are the ones that you love and you want to show it off proudly. I dont see nothing wrong with getting the tattoo if you realy want it I have my grandpa's name on my body and getting ready to have my girls names done to.
    MisticDawn6

Answer by MisticDawn6 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I think that would be really sweet :)
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 10:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I have my dd's name and footprint on my shoulder blade and she is alive and well :) I love them
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2010