Anyone ever had Scarlet Fever?

My daughter had this rash on her face, we go in to take her to the doctor and they just called it Strep Rash. After research, I found that' it's Scarlet Fever. Anyone else ever have it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Scarlet fever - MayoClinic.com

Scarlet fever — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, complications, treatment of this strep-related infection.
    www.mayoclinic.com/health/scarlet-fever/DS00917 -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• We have had Scarlet Fever in our home, but its been awhile!
    wildiesmomma

Answer by wildiesmomma at 12:28 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I had it when I was a teen-ager. I don't remember much of it, I had a high fever and an itchy rash. My dd, and my youngest sister had it at the same time. My dad brought my sister to me to take care of because my dd already had it. I know, sounds weird, but I was the oldest child and my youngest sister was almost like my child. They were sick for about a week, they had fevers, but not too high and an itchy rash all over. I remember they told us to keep their cups, plates, bowls, and utensils seperate, even after washing. Myself, or my dd, or sister had any complications from it later.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I had it when I was 13. Actually, I had Scarlet Fever & Mono at the same time. I missed 3 weeks of school. It sucked!
    megs1228

Answer by megs1228 at 9:42 AM on Oct. 24, 2008