How do you know if your husband is having an affair?

What kinds of signs do you look for?

lonely50

Asked by lonely50 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• I've never been put in this situation, but a few signs that I would start "suspecting" would be: sudden late nights or errands that have to be done at that very moment; change in behavior; doing things "out of order" like if he usually takes showers int he morning, and he starts taking them at night, or before he'll kiss/hug/touch/have sex with you; unexplained phone calls; sudden loss of interest in having sex with you... there's always smells like a women's perfume, too.

KeelinsMommy

Answer by KeelinsMommy at 6:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• change in behavior, change in clothing, change in cologne, being protective of his phone, suddenly later getting home a lot, 'meetings' that never happened before, secretive behavior in general, blowing up for no apparent reason...the list goes on and on...mostly trust your gut. I don't know why so many women deny their instinct. More often than not my gut is right.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Got me, are you worried?I would assume he would have to be a little sneaky. Like being out when he usually isn't, maybe a lower sex drive. Strange things happening that he can't really explain or gets defensive about. That is what I get from TV really. Good luck
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 6:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Saying he told you about something when you know he didn't. Talking about a certain girl at work doing this for her family or that. Car seat maove back or forth then normal when you THINK you were the last to sit in it. The vents to the air moved down up up or off when YOU always keeep them the same way. Little trinkets you didn't get him. Text with no name attached to the number, but it happens more often. Extra money taken out of bank acct. New clothes and underwear. Shaving body hair like on sheat or pelvis area. Going out with coworkers you don't know.
    Anonymous

• Oops meant to say shaving body hair like on "chest"
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• That's a hard one, though I know that if my hubby stopped having sex with me, I would think something was up, I hope that isn't happening to you, that must be very hard to go through
    sillybabys

Answer by sillybabys at 8:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• can never really tell. proff is all i could provide you with. and don't believe what people tell you. get proff before you snap on your husband.
    DIAMOND_CHIC

Answer by DIAMOND_CHIC at 8:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Check your credit card and bank statements. If you make a budget together this will be easy. If they are any purchases or gifts that you didn't receive or any strange withdrawls that he can't or wont explain. Weird perfume or a different color of lipstick than you normally wear. Someone already said it. Trust your gut.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 9:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• all of the above and if all of the sudden his sexual behavior with you did get different-he didnt stop, but he did sum things that he had never done b4. and he always goes out of the room to talk on the phone.
    sweetandpetite1

Answer by sweetandpetite1 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2008