Getting Divorced with children in the mix

my husband and I are getting a divorce. Our children are so use to seeing him everyday and once we are able to move they wont be around him as much.. I want things to go smoothly and I know he will fight for them and try to get them. I don't want to loose my children to him he is a wonderful father but I don't want him to take them. I don't work but I am hoping to find work soon but not sure if people with hire me cause I am pregnant. I am not sure what to do I need to find an income and away to provided for my children and I. I will be trying to start school after my son is born but i am not sure how everything is going to work. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Some may not like to hear this, but you should apply for assistance. Get help until you get on your feet. Your Husband can get temporary custody if he files for divorce first, so you better go file as soon as you can.. GL
    Anonymous

• Most states won't let you get a divorce while pregnant so you have time to figure it all out.
    Anonymous

• Definately get assistance!! You wil ge teverything you need being pregnant and they can even help you with housing and food. You should get medical assistance for you and the kids too. Make sureif you can't afford a lawyer go to the Legal Aid Department and get them to help you also. I have been in your shoes! Sorry to hear someone else having to start this way!!!
    FIREMOMMY1978

Answer by FIREMOMMY1978 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• The non-anon post has some great advice for you to follow. I'd also check on what your state laws are and get a free legal consultation from a lawyer.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2010