How do you make your tater-tot casserole?

I make mine with 1 can creamof mushroom soup, 1 can of creamof chicken soup, with corn, hamburger, and green beans added, with the tater tots, and tilamook cheddar cheese. With a little bit of pepper added to the hamburger, with some garlic, and johnny seasoning. It's soo yummy, after it's baked I add a table spoonor 2 of sour cream. Soo Yummy!

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 10:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Ours is actually tuna-casserole i guess. It has a can of cream of mushroom, a can of corn, a can of green beans and a few cans of tuna, topped with tater-tot's and cheese. It's SO yummy!

My sister, when she first started learning how to cook when she was little, misunderstood my mom when she told her how to make it and put REFRIED beans instead of GREEN beans in it! It was.........interesting...... lol!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 10:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I brown 2lbs ground beef with some chopped onions (at least 1 cup), then drain. I mix in green beans - a lot of them, and 2 cans cream of celery soup. Mix and spread in 9x13 pan. Once in a while I'll put some cheddar cheese on at this point, but not usually - we don't like it as well. Top with 2.5 lbs tater tots (I buy a 5lb bag and use half - cheaper). Bake at 425 for about an hour and a half. My kids & DH all douse it in ketchup.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:19 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• LOL I make mine the same, LOl refried beans sounds interesting sort of gross. LOL
    Hesmynavyman

Comment by Hesmynavyman (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Very interesting! Cream of celerey sounds like it may be yummy.
    Hesmynavyman

Comment by Hesmynavyman (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• LOL! You know, surprisingly, it wasn't disgusting! Definitely not something we'd ever make again on purpose though!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 10:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• This just gave me a great idea for a meal here. Thanks!
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 10:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My friend uses 2 cans of creamof chicken soup, with carrotts, mushrooms, corn, green beans, and lima beans, with 2 lbs hamburger, with onion, someonetimes she uses purple onion. And then a bag of tatertot's, she also puts olives in hers with salt and pepper added, topped with cheddar cheese, or pepper jack cheese she loves it.
    Hesmynavyman

Comment by Hesmynavyman (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I know some people make it with just green peppers, red peppers and onion, with chicken and then add corn and green beans if desired with some cheese, of your choice. that is also good,some people add cream cheese to make it thick while others sometimes use sour cream topped with ritz crackers or saltines.
    Hesmynavyman

Comment by Hesmynavyman (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I use cream of celery because I'm allergic to mushrooms and the "chicken" in the cream of chicken grosses me out - to that point of gagging. I can't eat it if I know anything is cooked with it (if we have Sunday dinner with the IL's and MIL makes a casserole with it, I can't eat it - and c.o. chicken is ALL she uses, blech). I've always preferred cream of celery though. Cream of potato is good for something different, and cream of broccoli is good for other casseroles. ;o)
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:27 AM on Oct. 3, 2010