I need some ideas!!!!(Birthday)

My little boy is having a Halloween/Birthday/Costume party coming up Saturday and I was wondering if you had any ideas for games and activites for children ages 2-5. We are having a halloween theme and hopefully all the kids dress in their Halloween costumes like we asked but i was just trying to find more stuff to keep them busy..We are going to do a pinata and pin the tail on the donkey but after that I am pretty lost. I had so much fun getting all the decorations and planning everything but now I am blank in the head on games/activities. PLEASE HELP!!!

1st-timer

Asked by 1st-timer at 10:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• you can try and do the mummy game w/ toilet paper that might be fun? Or you can try simon says :) good luck
    Anonymous

• Instead of pin the tail on the donkey, do pin the nose on the pumpkin. Also pre cut pumpkins from orange consturction paper. Then from green pre cut lots of noses, eyes, and mouths, even ears. Have glue sticks and let the kids make their own pumpkin. Get a gourd, or small pumpkin, and play hot potato (pumpkin). I was just trying to remember some of the games we did, I had a Halloween sleep over for my kids, years ago! Oh and you could do a version of bobbing for apples, but with no water. Tie a donut to a long string and hang it from the ceiling, and have the children eat the donut with their hands behind their back. That's all I can remember now, I'm sure it'll be a blast!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:22 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Musical chairs! You can run out to WalMart or your local craft store and by little art sets (they sell bulk bundles sometimes) of make-your-own-picture frames or color little fuzzy posters. Or you can have a let's decorate the pumpkin game. Sit them all at a table with a construction paper pumpkin and then have all kinds of goodies to decorate them with. Like sequins, glue sticks (not Elmer's glue, that gets too messy, glue sticks are great and cheap), pom-poms, google eyes, pipe cleaners, glitter (it will stick to glue stick glue), markers, crayons, etc... Glitter and sequins are easy to vacuum and sweep and if you cover the table with a table cloth you can just roll the mes up and toss it then all you have to clean is the floor OR put the table on the floor and have the kids sit down there! I am full of ideas. You can always ask me!
    mommabunnyof4

Answer by mommabunnyof4 at 10:37 AM on Oct. 24, 2008