Is it ok to cheat on an abusive husband? could a mom lose's custody of her kids if she cheated ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't know whether you could actually lose custody of your children for cheating. BUT why bother cheating? Just leave the guy. If he's abusive you need out. I know that's easier said then done, but you definitely don't need to be in an abusive relationship. I know how it is...I know that "just leaving" is very difficult. But I did it....and I'm SO much better off for it.
    Anonymous

• I personally don't think cheating is okay under any circumstances, even if your husband cheats on you first. If you have an abuse husband, you need to get help and get your children out of the situation. There is NO REASON WHATSOEVER to stay with an abusive man.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• It is Never ok to cheat on someone your married to and yes if he has a good lawyer he can show you to be mentally unstable and a risk to the kids well being if you cheat. Seek marriage counseling and get help.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I and my hubby think that divorcing him would be the better route to take. Don't cheat...
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 11:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Its not ok to cheat. Period. EVER. If you are unhappy with the person you are with to the point you are considering cheating, its time to either leave or try harder to be happy with the one you're with. Cheating is WRONG, under ANY circumstance-thats why its called cheating!!!
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 11:25 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I don't see why people cheat. If you are that unhappy; the better option for everyone is to leave.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Why not just leave? Do you really want to be with an abusive man knowing that he could potentially find out you cheated on him? It's not okay to cheat anyway so just leave and go somewhere safe then you can do as you please.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I'm going to have to agree with the leaving rather than cheating philosophy, and just a thought but if he's already abusive, I wouldn't add to his rage by cheating on him.. if he found out, (and I'm assuming that you are the same person who asked if he would actually kill you if you cheated) it could be very dangerous. You have to think about your children, if he kills you, you're children will be orphans.. you have to be brave and responsible for them. Good luck.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• If it's ok or not is a matter of opinion. If he's abusive you shouldn't risk cheating on him...what if he catches you?? Just imagine what he may do to you??!! Just leave him, get away from him. TAKE YOUR CHILDREN WITH YOU! I doubt you could lose your children for adultry. But you could get sole custody, if you have proof of the abuse. Call the Women's Crisis Center. They will help you through every step of the way. They will help you get a EPO against your dh. They can even hide you in a safe house if needed. They also will help you through the legal process of getting a divorce, child support, and custody. They can even help you make a plan to leave. There is a 24 hour hotline. Please call!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Abusive husband? Never mind cheating. LEAVE. Yesterday.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:13 AM on Oct. 24, 2008